The Belvidere Health Centre was established to acknowledge, respect and provide culturally appropriate primary health care to the local community.
The clinic is principally focused on improving the health outcomes of Aboriginal community as well as emerging or marginalised communities who due to cultural or language barriers have more difficulty accessing a regular GP.
The clinic is available to those that have difficulty in accessing their normal GP or do not have a regular GP.
The clinic offers:
- General Practice
- GP After Hours
- Iron Infusion
- Venesection Service
- Aboriginal Health Services
- Specialist Services
- Allied Health & Psychological Services
- Free Telephone Interpreters
- Pathology and Podiatry Services
From 1st April 2016, the GP After Hours will become a Bulk Billing Clinic. To be applicable for Bulk Billing, patients must produce their valid Medicare card upon arrival.
Private Billing Rates
- Standard Consultation (without Medicare) $100
- Long Consultation (without Medicare) $145
- Workers Compensation from $136
- Motor Vehicle Accidents from $136
- Commercial Licenses (taxi, mini bus) from $150
- Commercial Truck License from $170
- Insurance Documents (Dr signature etc) from $50
For more information, contact the Belvidere Health Centre on (08) 6253 2100.
Clinipath Pathology Services
Clinipath Pathology focuses on offering a professional and comprehensive pathology service to the community by providing accurate results with fast and reliable turnaround times.
In addition to common pathology testing, the collection centre also offers:
- Instant and witnessed AS4308 drug screening
- Warfarin Care, patients or their carers can now receive INR, dose instructions and next test date by SMS
GP After Hours Belmont
The GP After Hours Clinic (GPAH) provides quality primary health care for patients who require medical attention during the evening and weekends when the patients’ usual GP practice is closed.
Unless instructed otherwise by the patient, a copy of the progress notes from the GPAH Clinic will be forwarded to your usual doctor.
Hours of Operation *
- Monday to Friday 7pm - 10pm
- Saturdays 8.30am - 6pm
- Sundays and Public Holidays 9am - 6pm
* subject to GP availability
From 1st October 2015, the GP After Hours will become a Bulk Billing Clinic. To be applicable for Bulk Billing, patients must produce their valid Medicare card upon arrival.
Private Billing Rates
Standard Consultation (without Medicare) $100
Long Consultation (without Medicare) $145
Workers Compensation from $136
Motor Vehicle Accidents from $136
Commercial Licenses (taxi, mini bus) from $150
Commercial Truck License from $170
Insurance Documents (Dr signature etc) from $50
- Online: www.healthengine.com.au
- Phone: (08) 6253 2100
- Walk-in: patients are not required to book an appointment however patients who have a pre-booked will be seen as per their appointment time.
Iron Infusion Clinic
The Iron Infusion Clinic was established as a community based Iron Infusion Clinic as a response to a lack of intravenous service delivery within the community. Iron deficiency has been identified as a major health issue affecting all age groups.
Patients should allow an hour for their appointment. This includes registration, infusion and a 30 minute observation post infusion.
- Patients who have been diagnosed with iron deficiency and over the age of 16 years
- Intolerance to oral iron
- Non-compliance with oral iron
- Ongoing iron (blood loss) exceeding absorption
- Intestinal malabsorption of iron
- Absolute or functional iron deficiency in patients with cardiac failure
- Severe iron deficiency needing rapid iron repletion to prevent transfusion
- Short time to non-deferrable surgery associated with substantial blood loss
Currently, patients with a current Medicare Card will, in addition to the cost of the Ferinject dose, incur a $75.00 surcharge to cover consumable costs.
Patients requiring a repeat infusion for recommended dosage will be charged the consumable fee of $75.00 at each appointment.
Arche Health acknowledges WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) for providing funding in its role as the operator of the Perth South PHN. While the Australian Government Department of Health, via WAPHA, has contributed funding to Arche Health, the information contained in this brochure does not necessarily reflect the views of the Australian Government and/or WAPHA and is not advice that it is provided, or information that is endorsed, by the Australian Government and/or WAPHA. The Australian Government and/or WAPHA is not responsible in negligence or otherwise for any injury, lossor damage however arising from the use of or reliance on the information provided herein.
This is a community based, GP led clinical support venesection service.
- Clinical iron overlead (supported by Ferriscan® MRI or Live Biopsy)
- Polycythaemia rubra vera
- Porphyria cutanea tarda
Patients with a valid Medicare Card will be bulk billed.
All patients will incur at $20 consumables fee.
Maintaining optimal foot care in older people is essential for retaining independence, preventing mobility difficulties and reducing secondary health care intervention in later life.
Belvidere Health Centre supports a podiatry clinic three days a week offering affordable podiatry and treatment to mainly elderly patients. Many of these patients suffer from chronic diseases such diabetes, cardiovascular disease and arthritis.
An appointment is essential to visit the Podiatry Clinic. To book an appointment:
- Call (08) 6262 0510
- Leave your name and phone number
- The Podiatry Clinic Coordinator will call you back as soon as possible to arrange your first appointment