headspace Cannington is a free, youth-friendly and confidential service available to young people aged 12 – 25 years, in the south east metropolitan region of Perth. headspace Cannington brings together a range of co-located community-based and government agencies, to provide a holistic service as a “one-stop-shop” for young people. The centre is open Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm, 9am-9pm every Thursday except public holidays and weekends offering information, intake, assessment, referral and treatment.
The services available at headspace Cannington include:
- Youth friendly general practitioner/s
- Youth support workers
- Sexual health clinic
- Drug and alcohol workers
- MBS Psychological services
- Vocational support worker
The centre is open for young people aged between 12 - 25 years old and can help them if they:
- Are worried, down or anxious
- Are having hassles with family or friends
- Are being bullied
- Wants to reduce or stop alcohol or drug use
- Want to get advice about education or work
- Want help with health issues
- Want to talk about your sexual identity or relationship
- Want to talk about sexual health or contraception
If headspace Cannignton cannot help you, their friendly staff will find someone who can. If you just need someone to talk to headspace Cannington can help.
- Referrals accepted from GP’s, Allied Health Professionals, community-based agencies and educational institutions
- By phone/ email: please call 08 9358 9800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (please note these are only attended/checked during business hours).
- Drop in: Young people can drop in to headspace Cannington. Staff will endeavour to see the young person the same day or the next available appointment will be offered.
- Families, carers or friends can refer a young person to headspace Cannington. The young person needs to be aware of and consent to the referral and be willing to meet with a member of the headspace Cannington team.
Address: Shpos1 & 2, 1468 Albany Highway, Cannington WA, Australia 6107.
Postal Address: PO Box 268 Bentley WA 6982
Phone: (08) 9358 9800
Fax: (08) 8432 1668
This program is supported by funding from the Australian Government through the WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA).