Get the information you’re after...

Aged Care Resources

Arche Health (Arche Health) works to plan and coordinate high quality, accessible and sustainable allied health services to meet the primary healthcare needs of older people who are living in a government funded residential aged care facility within the Arche Health catchment region. Arche Health continues to build strong, collaborative partnerships between residential aged care facilities, community aged care organisations, retirement villages, general practices, local hospital networks (LHN), pharmacists and allied health professionals.

Arche Health also encourages primary health care providers to partner with community organisation and Aged Care peak bodies to ensure integrated and coordinated services be delivered to residents living in residential aged care facilities. Arche Health promotes and encourages use of the following services as an important way to reduce non-emergency ED presentations from RACFs:

Residential Care Line (RCL) is a metropolitan wide service that provides Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) with a 24 hour, 7 days a week triage and advice telephone line, and a specialist nurse outreach service that operates 8am to 4pm, 7 days a week. This service may be requested by any carer or clinical staff member at an RACF. 

Priority Response Assessment (PRA) is an advanced clinical assessment and treatment service in the patient’s home or residential aged care facility within 4 hours. This service may be requested by an EN, RN or GP. For information on Residential Care Line - RCL (RPH) and Priority Response Assessment – PRA (Silver Chain).

Arche Health Services for Residential Aged Care

Speech Pathology, Dietetic and Podiatry services are available for residents of Commonwealth funded Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) where these services are not currently covered by Medicare or other government funding arrangements.
Arche Health currently contracts 4 Speech Pathologists and 3 Accredited Practising Dietitians who provide specialised services such as one to one consultation, assessment and management for residents with swallowing problems and/or communication issues (Speech Pathology) and residents at nutritional risk (Dietetics). Referrals for all services are requested by either the Facility Manager, Clinical staff at the RACF or the residents attending GP by completing the following form and forwarding it to Arche Healths Aged Care Coordinator.

Advanced Health Directive/Advance Care Planning

Planning health care in advance provides you with ownership and control over any possible medical interventions or care requirements that may be suggested or offered should you be unable to make those decisions at the onset of illness or injury.
Advance Care Planning (ACP) is talking about and then documenting a person’s wishes while they are still able to say what it is they want. ACP is about having a conversation about important issues which can help family and friends make decisions later when the person is no longer able to do so. ACP may include the completion of an Advance Health Directive (AHD), Common Law Directive (living will) and Enduring Power of Guardianship.
An Advanced Health Directive is a collective term for:

  •  Advance Health Directive
  •  Enduring Power of Guardianship
  •  Common Law Directive

And is legal document in which you set out your decisions about your future medical, surgical or dental treatment and other health care, including palliative care and life sustaining measures. Following links will provide with more information about Enduring Power of Attorney, Enduring Power of Guardianship and Advance Health Directives go to our resources page and download the information flyers.

Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres

Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres are located around Australia to help people find care and support to continue living independently in their own homes. Centres can provide information about community, aged care, disability and other support services. The Centres can also help to arrange respite care when carers need a break, including in- home, emergency and other flexible respite options.

Home and Community Care

The Home and Community Care (HACC) program provides basic support and maintenance services to frail aged people, younger people with disabilities and their carers to assist them to continue living independently at home. A HACC service provider will assess you, determine your eligibility and identify your level of need. You will then be linked to appropriate services to address your care needs.

Department of Veterans' Affairs   

Covers all areas relating to war veterans and their widows/widowers including pensions, health services, housing and commemorations. Click here

Meals and Wheels Providers

Visit the meals on wheels WA website here.  

myagedcare website

The Federal Government’s premier source of information for Australians over 50. The Seniors and Aged Care Australia websites are no longer available. Please be aware that have replaced and My Aged Care is a website and phone line to help you get clear and reliable information on aged care services. By using My Aged Care, you will be able to find up-to-date information on aged care services in your local area, as well as information on how to be active and healthy.

Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD) Aged Care 

The National Ageing and Aged Care Strategy for People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Backgrounds was released in December 2012. The Strategy is designed to inform the way the Australian Government supports the aged care sector to deliver care that is appropriate and sensitive to the needs of older people from CALD backgrounds. The Strategy will assist the Department of Health (DoH) in implementing the activities outlined in the Living Longer Living Better aged care reform package and assist in guiding future funding priorities. It is essential for aged care services to support the lives of older people from CALD backgrounds, their families and carers to continue to contribute to and engage with their communities. 

The Multicultural Aged Care Service

Independent Living Centre Multicultural Aged Care Service (ILC MACS) is an information service designed to educate, support and partner aged care providers and people from cultural diverse communities to meet the diverse needs of older people.  Visit their website for further information or download A Guide to Multicultural Aged Care Services in WA for service providers and people from multicultural communities.

Centre for Research on Ageing 

The Centre for Research on Ageing at Curtin University is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of older persons through a multidisciplinary research approach. It is a unique, multi-disciplinary research Centre which is strategically positioned within the Division of Health Sciences but with relevance to other Divisions across the University. The centre is engaged in research and scholarship, as well as policy and professional development, and service quality.